Skip to main content

Phoenix cement plant selects VAS IT logistics system

World Cement,


FRITZ & MACZIOL is to supply its VAS IT logistics system to the Phoenix cement works Krogbeumker GmbH & Co. KG in Westphalia, Germany. Sack handling and material deliveries will be integrated into the new VAS IT software solution, and the previous system will be replaced by a modern ERP system. The cement plant has a production capacity of 500 000 t, with 80% of products dispatched as loose goods and the remaining 20% as sacked goods.

“Until now, we have had to manage the processes manually and on paper,” stated Phoenix Plant Manager Kai. “With the aid of the VAS IT logistics system, the processes within the cement works are now to be automated gradually, and unmanned loading implemented across the plant”.

Adapted from press release by Louise Fordham.

Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/08052013/phoenix_cement_plant_installs_vas_system_germany_170/


 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):