The Celebrating Construction Awards has announced that it is now accepting entries for 2016. The awards provide one of the most effective platforms for targeting the construction industry across the Midlands and beyond, and present a good opportunity for leading brands to maximise industry exposure and enter an economically important market.
The 9th West Midlands Celebrating Construction Awards will take place at The ICC, Birmingham on Friday 13 May 2016. The East Midlands Celebrating Construction Awards will return for 2016 at The Nottingham Belfry, on Friday 3 June 2016.
There are 13 categories available to enter. Entrants will be judged on their achievements or performance from any time from January 2014 to the submission deadline.?
- Achiever of the Year – This award recognises outstanding performance or influence by an individual who has been inspirational in the opinion of the sector peer group.
- BIM Project of the Year - This new category is looking for companies or projects that are using BIM (Building Information Modelling) to dramatically improve the design, delivery and operation of buildings.
- Client of the Year - Judges are looking for a construction client that has shown clear consistent leadership and commitment to core Constructing Excellence principles on one or preferably several projects.
- Health & Safety Award - The judges will be looking for a project or organisation where health and safety has been driven way beyond what is required within the duties stated in the CDM Regulations 2007.
- Heritage Award - Judges will be looking to recognise the achievement of high standards in the repair, re-use and revitalisation of the region's historic buildings, sites and places.
- Innovation Award - Judges will be looking for the best organisation or project that took the most innovative approach to overcome site or project specific challenges, harnessed emerging technologies or market opportunities or developed a new/improved product or service.
- Integration & Collaborative Working Award - Judges in this category will be looking for evidence of early involvement, selection by value, common processes and tools across organisations such as BIM, long-term relationships, modern commercial arrangements and fair payment practices.
- Leadership & Development Award - The winner in this category will best define and demonstrate improvements resulting from targeted leadership development and training across the workforce and perhaps local community.
- Project of the Year - Judges are looking for an outstanding project that best demonstrates the highest levels of technical achievement, innovation, application of best practice and team working throughout the supply chain as well as being delivered to time, budget and quality with the highest health & safety standards, lowest environmental impact and most importantly to the customer's satisfaction.
- SME of the Year - This award specifically recognises the challenges and outstanding achievements of small to medium enterprises, particularly those who have made strides in improving their company through implementing best practice. You may either put yourself forward or nominate a great SME you have worked with, particularly if they have been a part of the award submission you have made for yourself in another category.
- The Legacy Award for Sustainability – The judges will be looking for a project or organisation where the principles of sustainability have been fully embedded, particularly those that demonstrate creative and/or innovative thinking and leadership.
- Value Award - Demonstrating value, whether it's for clients, shareholders, end users or the taxpaying public has never been more important for construction projects and businesses.
- Young Achiever of the Year - This award looks to recognise a young achiever with less than 10 years of industry experience.
Entry is free, and the deadline is 26 February 2016.
Adapted from press release by Rebecca Bowden
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/europe-cis/06012016/celebrating-construction-awards-call-for-entries-269/