- India’s JK Lakshmi Cement Ltd has been recognised as one of the 100 most admired brands in Asia, ‘Infrastructure’ category, at an awards ceremony in New Delhi.
- Sanghi Industries won first prize for ‘best overall performance’ in the cement category at the 22nd Mines Environment & Mineral Conservation Week 2014 – 2015.
- Khutul Cement and Lime JSC has won Mongolia’s state award recognising its contribution to national development.
- Eurocement’s Filaret Galchev has been recognised for his many achievements.
Transport and infrastructure
- India’s Rail Budget – cement freight rates have been increased by 2.7%.
- CNCo has ordered a self-discharging cement carrier as part of a partnership with New Zealand's Golden Bay Cement.
- The Construction Logistics and Cycle Safety event showcased safer HGVs from Scania, Volvo, Mercedes Benz and more.
- Genesee & Wyoming Inc. has entered into an agreement to acquire Freightliner Group from majority shareholders Arcapita.
- The Portland Cement Association has called on the federal government to introduce a fully-funded surface transportation bill that would address the impact of both extreme weather conditions and general wear and tear.
This week’s not to be missed articles…
- Guy Thompson, The Concrete Centre – MPA, UK, explains how the ongoing commitment of the concrete industry to sustainability can help designers and specifiers achieve sustainable solutions.
- Aggregate Industries recently welcomed the BBC’s popular evening television programme, The One Show.
Written by Louise Fordham
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/asia-pacific-rim/27022015/cement-news-highlights-23-27-february-2015-416/