Mangalam Cement has released its key financial data for the last quarter of FY14 (ended March 31). The results have been reviewed by the Audit Committee and approved by the Board of Directors of the Company. The Board has recommended a dividend of Rs.3 per share, aggregating Rs.800.81 lacs and Rs.136.1 lacs towards Corporate Dividend Tax for the year ended 31 March 2014.
4Q14 financial results
- Net sales and income from operations increased from Rs.18102.82 lacs in 1Q13 to Rs.21371.55 lacs in 1Q14. Total income from operations amounted to Rs.21843.11 lacs in 1Q14, improving from Rs.18427.69 lacs in 1Q13.
- Total expenses rose from Rs.17027.61 in 1Q13 to Rs.19830.83 lacs in 1Q14.
- Profit from ordinary activities after finance costs but before exceptional items rose to Rs.1813.25 lacs in 1Q14, from Rs.1240.16 lacs in 1Q13.
- Net profit for the reporting period fell from Rs.882.29 lacs in 1Q13 to Rs.781.79 lacs in 1Q14.
- Earnings per share fell from Rs.3.3 in 1Q13 to Rs.2.89 in 1Q14.
FY14 financial results
- Total income from operations amounted to Rs.69730.73 lacs in FY14 (ended 31 March 2014), decreasing from Rs.70604.11 lacs in FY13.
- Net profit for the year fell from Rs.7736.86 lacs in FY13 to Rs.2960.63 lacs in FY14.
Adapted from press release by Rosalie Starling
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/asia-pacific-rim/14052014/mangalam_cement_records_increase_in_4q_sales_189/