The Ceylon Institute of Builders has awarded Tokyo Super PPC with a ‘Green Mark’, an internationally accredited Singaporean product label.
TOKYO SUPER is the only cement brand with a sustainable accreditation.
TOKYO SUPER PPC was awarded the accreditation for the following reasons:
- Local manufacturing is powered by carbon-neutral biomass energy.
- Renewable energy project is in compliance with UNFCCC standards.
- Use of coal fly ash from Norochcholai power plant recycles locally generated waste in a useful manner.
- Minimises energy required in cement grinding by alternatively blending fly ash.
- Minimises CO2 emissions by substituting clinker with non-limestone based material.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/asia-pacific-rim/13072015/tokyo-super-ppc-awarded-green-mark-150/