Training, research and skills development
- The European Cement Research Academy outlines the latest developments in its research on oxyfuel kilns.
- The Cement Sustainability Initiative (CSI) organised three sessions on air emissions monitoring and control for its ten members in India. The events were hosted by Dalmia Bharat Cement, ACC Limited and UltraTech Cement.
- Following the successful Symposium in 2014, Loesche is introducing a new series of seminars covering specific topics. The first seminar will focus on “Alternative Fuels” and will take place from 7 – 8 May 2015 at the Hilton Danube Hotel in Vienna.
- Salford University students visited the Lafarge Tarmac Tunstead plant near Buxton to learn more about the use of natural gas in a modern cement plant.
- A new report from Lux Research shows how better analytical tools are a competitive advantage in determining sustainability achievements.
Contracts and projects
- CNBM Engineering signs biggest international order with Arabian Cement Company.
- Siam Cement Group has held the groundbreaking ceremony for its 1.8 million tpy cement plant in Khammouane.
- Loesche will supply two VRMs and classifiers to INVECEM Industria Venezolana del Cemento.
- The new 1.5 million tpy Dangote plant in Douala, Cameroon, has reportedly commenced operations.
This week’s not to be missed items…
- Lafarge and Holcim choose future CEO.
- An infographic on Toronto, the host city of this year’s IEEE-IAS/PCA Cement Industry Technical Conference.
Written by Louise Fordham
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/asia-pacific-rim/10042015/cement-news-highlights-7-10-april-665/