Skip to main content

Cement acquisistion and sales news from China

World Cement,

News reports from China confirm that China Resources Cement and Shanxi Huabao have established a joint venture (JV) company, China Resources Cement (Changzhi) to engage in the production and sale of cement.

The JV has entered into an agreement with Shanxi Huabao for acquiring assets relating to a 1200 tpd NSP clinker production line and two cement grinding lines (total production of 600 000 tpa) currently operating in Changzhi, Shanzi Province, for a consideration of about RMB 139.53 million. The JV will also build a 4500 tpd NSP clinker production line and two cement grinding lines with a production of 2 million tpa, which is expected to begin operating by the end of 2012.

China Knowledge reports that West China Cement Ltd, based in Shaanxi Province, plans to set up a JV to obtain exploration rights on a limestone mine in Ankang, Shaanxi Province, for a consideration of about RMB 50 million. Jianghua Cement, also based in Shaanxi Province, is to launch the JV with a registered capital of RMB 150 million to complete the acquisition. West China Cement will hold an 80% stake with an investment of RMB 220 million, including RMB 120 million for registered capital, while Jianghua Cement will have the remaining 20% stake. In December 2010, West China Cement secured a loan worth US$85 million from ICBC International, a wholly owned subsidiary of Industrial and Commercial Bank of China.

Last month the Sinoma Group unveiled a plan in which the Group is aiming to earn more than RMB 150 billion in operating revenue in 2015. In that year the Group’s gross profits are expected to exceed RMB 15 billion, and it hopes to have over RMB 150 billion in total assets at the end of the same year. At present, the Group has an output capacity of 70.5 million tpa of cement and 9 million m3 of concrete, and by the end of 2010 it was expected to have added a further 28.5 million t. It also had anticipated that it would have reduced coal consumption by 80 000 t and CO2 emissions by 200 000 t.

Read the article online at:

You might also like


Optimisation 2020

Optimisation 2020 provides a unique online forum for cement industry professionals to hear first-hand from experts through a series of exclusive presentations from cement producers and industry experts.

Find out more and register for the series »



World Cement Spotlight with Rockwell Automation

World Cement Editor, David Bizley, sat down with Michael Tay, Advanced Analytics Product Manager at Rockwell Automation to discuss his recent article in World Cement.

Entitled ‘Smooth Sailing’, this article explains how machine learning can help save energy, reduce downtime and predict equipment failures, thus enabling the smooth running of cement plant operations.

Watch the interview now »


High-level control in cement production

Dirk Schmidt and Eugen Geibel, KIMA Process Control, discuss how the methods of High-Level Control (HLC) have been used in the cement industry in the early 2000s and control ever more complex closed-loop-controlled processes where standard controllers fail.


Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):