According to preliminary statistics released by financial services company Invest Capital Markets Ltd (InvestCap), March 2014 saw monthly increases in total cement dispatches, local dispatches and exports compared to February 2014. InvestCap is a financial services company providing financial management, advisory, research and brokerage services in Pakistan.
March 2014 highlights
- InvestCap research showed that total cement dispatches during March 2014 stood at 3.139 million t, a 15.5% m/m increase compared to 2.719 million t in February 2014. However, total cement dispatches decreased by 5.6% y/y compared to 3.326 million t registered in March 2013.
- Cement exports in March 2014 totalled 752 000 t, a 28.9% m/m rise compared to 583 000 t recorded in February 2014. Exports saw a 2.2% y/y decrease against 769 000 t in March 2013.
- Local dispatches increased by 11.8% m/m to 2.387 million t from 2.135 million t in February 2014. However, InvestCap statistics showed a 6.7% y/y decline compared to 2.558 million t recorded in March 2013.
Nine month highlights (July 2013 – March 2014)
- During July 2013 – March 2014, total cement sales in Pakistan (including exports and local dispatches) saw a slight increase of 0.7% y/y to 24.705 million t, compared to 24.542 million t recorded in July 2012 – March 2013.
- According to the data, exports declined by 2% y/y to 6.044 million t in the first nine months of the current fiscal year, compared to 6.169 million t in the same period a year earlier.
- Local cement dispatches rose by 1.6% y/y during July 2013 – March 2014 to 18.66 million t, against 18.373 million t recorded in the first nine months of the previous year.
Edited from various sources by Rosalie Starling
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/asia-pacific-rim/04042014/pakistani_cement_dispatches_rose_by_15-5_percent_in_march_2014_993/