The value marked an increase of 46.5% over the previous quarter and a drop of 2.3% when compared with the last four-quarter average of US$6.07 billion.
China held a 26.9% share of the global construction & real estate industry M&A deal value that totalled US$22.04 billion in Q2 2020.
In terms of deal activity, China recorded 74 deals during Q2 2020, marking a rise of 64.4% over the previous quarter and a rise of 32.1% over the last four-quarter average.
China construction & real estate industry M&A deals in Q2 2020: Top deals
The top five construction & real estate industry M&A deals accounted for 48.2% of the overall value during Q2 2020.
The combined value of the top five construction & real estate M&A deals stood at US$2.86 billion, against the overall value of US$5.93 billion recorded for the month.
The top five construction & real estate industry deals of Q2 2020 tracked by GlobalData were:
- CITIC Trust's US$994.26 million acquisition of Guangzhou Wanxi Enterprise Management.
- The US$666.41 million acquisition of Jinke Property Group by Guangdong Hongmin Enterprise Management Consulting.
- Dalian Jiaguan Guangcheng Corporate Management Centre's US$426.59 million acquisition of Dalian Qingyun Sky Realty and DevelopmentLimited.
- The US$409.86 million acquisition of Hainan Guoshan Industrial, Hainan Guoxu Industrial and Hainan Hangpeng Industrial by Hainan Development Holdings Real Estate Group.
- Dalian Yida Service ConsultancyLimited's acquisition of Dalian Qingyun Sky Property ServiceLimited for US$359.01 million.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/asia-pacific-rim/03082020/globaldata-chinas-construction-and-real-estate-industry-ma-deals-total-us593-billion-in-q2-2020/