India’s Dalmia Cement Bharat is set to commission its new greenfield cement plant in Gokak, Karnataka, in five months time. The cement facility will cater to the market in the state of Karnataka.
The Rs.344 crore plant is spread over a 380 acre plot and has a total production capacity of 2.5 million tpa. When commissioned, the new plant will expand Dalmia’s annual production capacity from 17 million t to 21.8 million t.
Dalmia Cement has contracted Holtec Engineering as the main engineering consultant, Larsen & Toubro for electrical installation, GDCL for civil works and infrastructure and Haji APbaba for the mechanical erection of the facility.
Dalmia Cement’s financial results
- Total income from operations stood at Rs.707 crore in 3Q14, a 2% y/y increase compared to Rs.694 crore in 3Q13.
- Volumes rose to 1.56 million t in 3Q14, compared to 1.47 million t in 3Q13.
- EBITDA decreased to Rs.128 crore in 3Q14, from Rs.144 crore in 3Q13.
- Total expenses increased from Rs.550 crore in 3Q13 to Rs.579 crore in 3Q14.
- Profit after tax decreased from Rs.18 crore in 3Q13 to a loss after tax of Rs.12 crore in 3Q14.
Nine month results
- Total income from operations reached Rs.2183 crore in the first nine months of FY14, increasing from Rs.2028 crore in the same period a year earlier.
- Volumes rose from 4.33 million t in the first nine months of FY13 to 4.79 million t.
- EBITDA decreased to Rs.359 crore, from Rs.501 crore in the first nine months of FY13.
- Total expenses increased from Rs.1527 crore to Rs.1824 crore in the first nine months of FY14.
- Profit after tax fell from Rs.160 crore to a loss after tax of Rs.3 crore in the first nine months of FY14.
Edited from various sources by Rosalie Starling
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/asia-pacific-rim/03032014/dalmias_gokak_plant_will_be_ready_in_five_months_832/