Cement news highlights: 22 – 26 June
Development and expansion
- A 1.5 million tpy plant will be built in Mozambique and should be complete in 2018.
- PPC is building a new clinker production line in Leichenburg.
- China’s Xinle Shipbuilding has been awarded a contract for a 6700 t bulk cement carrier.
- Biberci Insaat is set to use Loesche’s LM 56.3+3 vertical roller mill for its first cement production facility in Konya, Turkey.
- The Nigerian cement company, Sokoto Cement, is reportedly adding 4 MW of power capacity to its existing 12 MW.
- Cementos Moctezuma has ordered a state-of-the-art LM 53.3+3 C cement mill, including COPE gearbox, from Loesche.
- Analysts are warning that cement demand in India may not see a real pick up until FY17, meaning cement producers could be in for a slow year.
- A report on the cement industry of the Customs Union 2014 – 2015 from EY shows the need for a development strategy in order to meet demand.
- Mr Ujjwal Batria succeeds Martin Kreigner in the role of CEO of Lafarge India.
- Qalaa Holdings is acquiring stakes in energy, cement and transportation companies from co-investor Financial Holdings International, as well as selling off stakes in non-core companies.
- Søren Holm Christensen is set to take over from Jesper Knudsen as Managing Director of Unicon A/S as of September 2015.
- A trade delegation including the Governor of Missouri visited Buzzi Unicem at its headquarters in Italy in March.
This week’s not to be missed stories …
- According to Timetric’s construction risk index, the overall level of risk facing the global construction industry eased in 2Q15.
- Barbour ABI has announced recent figures, which show that the UK’s construction sector shrank by 0.8% between March and April 2015.
- The US Department of Energy has released the report ‘Barriers to Industrial Energy Efficiency’, focusing on industrial end-use energy efficiency, industrial demand response and industrial combined heat and power.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/africa-middle-east/26062015/weekly-cement-news-highlights-22-26-june-2015-75/