Skip to main content

Al Ain cement plant inaugurated

World Cement,


According to local press reports, Sheikh Hamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Crown Prince’s Court, recently inaugurated the Al Ain cement plant in the UAE.

The plant has been built by Arkan Building Materials Co., which was founded in 2005. General Holding Corporation (SENAAT) – owned by the government of Abu Dhabi and with the aim of promoting sustainable industrial activity in the region – owns a 51% stake in the construction products company. The remaining 49% of shares are listed on the Abu Dhabi Securities Market.

The new cement plant has the capacity to produce 3.1 million tpa of clinker and 4.5 million tpa of cement, bringing the company’s total production capacity to 4 million tpa of clinker and 5.6 million tpa of cement. In addition to increasing Arkan’s output, the new plant will also enable the company to expand its product range.

Sheikh Hamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan was given a tour of the Al Ain cement plant, along with senior officials including Hussain Jasim Al Nowais, Chairman of SENAAT, and Eng. Suhail Mubarak Al Ameri, Chief Executive Officer of SENAAT.

The UAE plans to diversify its economy, which includes the expansion and diversification of its industrial sector, along with a focus on sustainable development.


Edited from various sources by

Sources:

Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/africa-middle-east/24112014/uae-al-ain-cement-plant-inaugurated-898/


 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):