On 3 March 2016 the third contract between the Kanis International Group for CIMASSO and Intercem was concluded for the largest order in the company history. The work took place in Bobo Dioulasso, Burkina Faso.
After the completion of CIMFASO’s cement grinding plant in Burkina Faso’s capital Ouagadougou and the start of the piling works in Abidjan, Ivory Coast, the groundbreaking ceremony for the construction of a cement grinding plant with a capacity of 6500 tpd took place on 27 May 2016.
Intercem’s scope of supply for CIMASSO comprises the engineering, the supply of mechanical and electrical equipment of exclusively European origin, the project management and the supervision of erection as well as the commissioning.
The following scope of supply was agreed:
- Train unloading station for clinker.
- Truck unloading for lime & additives.
- Storage of 100 000 t of clinker & raw materials.
- Raw material shed & dosing station.
- 6500 tpd cement grinding plant with VRM.
- 4 x 4000 t cement silos.
- 8000 tpd loading of cement bags incl. the truck loading station.
Adapted from press release by Joseph Green
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/africa-middle-east/19082016/groundbreaking-cimasso-burkina-faso-115/