According to local news sources, Saudi Arabia has seen a small rebound in cement consumption in October 2013.
October 2013 figures
Sales and production
- Cement sales increased by 2% from 4.13 million t in 2012 to 4.19 million t in October 2013.
- The volume of cement produced also rose slightly, reaching 4.23 million t compared to 4.22 million t during the same period in 2012.
- Production of clinker saw a larger increase of 19% in October 2013, standing at 4.74 million t compared to 3.98 million t in the same period in 2012.
- Deliveries of clinker stood at 54 000 t in October 2013.
Imports and exports
- Imported clinker stood at 780 000 t in October 2013. Saudi cement companies imported 1.925 million t of clinker in the first nine months of 2013, compared to 399 000 t in 2012.
- The volume of exported clinker in October increased by 9% to 36 000 t compared to 33 000 t in 2012.
Edited from various sources by Rosalie Starling
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/africa-middle-east/18112013/rise_in_october_cement_sales_in_saudi_arabia_424/