Acquisitions and partnerships have also been announced. Among them is Donaldson Company, Inc.’s subsidiary Donaldson Europe BVBA – UAE Branch, which has entered into an agreement to purchase Northern Technical L.L.C. – the largest manufacturer of gas turbine air filter intake systems in the Middle East. Elsewhere, Solidia Technologies has partnered with The Linde Group. The companies will work together on the development, demonstration and commercialisation of Solidia’s CO2-based concrete curing technology.
New plants, start-ups and contracts
- Sephaku Cement’s new clinker facility in Aganang is ready to begin production, with the first consignment of clinker due to reach the Delmas grinding plant by the end of the month.
- Gebr. Pfeiffer SE will supply two mills for raw meal and coal grinding to India’s Wonder Cement.
- PPC Barnet DRC has signed a contract with China’s Sinoma for the construction of a cement plant in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
- CATIC will install a new 1.2 million tpa cement plant in Los Arangues, Venezuela, for La Corporación Socialista del Cemento.
- After a careful review of the market’s best maintenance solutions, Jordan’s Modern Cement and Mining Company chose to build its future plant management with API Maintenance Systems software.
- Cemex Latam Holding announced that the first phase of its new plant in Colombia will be operational in 2Q15.
This week’s not to be missed articles…
- Linking Sustainability and Business Value – Part 1
- Six Cemex USA cement plants achieve Energy Star® certification.
Written by Louise Fordham
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/africa-middle-east/15082014/cement-news-highlights-11-15-august-295/