Fives FCB, part of the Cement | Minerals business line of France’s Fives Group, has been awarded a turnkey contract by Qatar National Cement Co. (QNCC). Fives FCB will work on the company’s fifth production line, which will have a clinker production capacity of 5000 tpd. The scope of supply covers all equipment from raw material preparation to dispatch, including the following Fives process technology:
- A 6400 kW raw grinding FCB B-mill and its associated FCB TSV™ 7500 Classifier.
- A 5-stage single string FCB Preheater and its FCB Zero-NOX precalciner.
- A 4.8 x 76 m three-pier FCB Kiln.
- Two TGT® process filters.
- Two 4200 kW cement FCB B-mills of and their associated FCB TSV® 4000 Classifiers.
The project will be carried out in three steps: the cement mill within 17 months; the second grinding plant within 19 months; firing up the kiln and clinker production within 27 months. TPF-Basse Sambre s.a., Belgium, will serve as consultant engineer on the project.
The additional capacity will help QNCC to meet rising demand in Qatar, which is being driven by infrastructure projects, such as preparation work for the 2022 World Cup.
Fives FCB has previously carried out turnkey projects for QNCC’s lines 2, 3 and 4, with a total capacity of 11 000 tpd of clinker.
Adapted from press release by Louise Fordham
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/africa-middle-east/13062014/fives_fcb_wins_qatar_national_cement_co_contract_346/