Cement manufacturers, as well as equipment and service providers, have released their latest financial results. Take a look at some of the highlights from these reports via the links below:
- India Cements.
- Martin Marietta.
- Buzzi Unicem.
- Cementir Holding.
- Raysut Cement.
- Ramco Cements.
- JK Lakshmi.
- Vulcan Materials.
- Cemex Latam Holdings.
Construction markets and projects around the world
- Timetric has put together a list of the countries that it predicts will experience the fastest rate of construction growth between 2016 and 2020.
- Growth weakened in the Irish construction sector during January, with rates of expansion in activity and new orders slowing sharply from the end of 2014.
- Research conducted RICS suggests that skills shortages could put at risk as many as 27 000 building projects in the UK by 2019.
- Lafarge Africa has agreed to support Shelter Afrique in facilitating access to affordable housing in Nigeria.
- The Australian construction industry remained in contraction in January, according to the latest Australian Industry Group/Housing Industry Association Australian Performance of Construction Index.
Energy and emissions
- EDF Energies Nouvelles is commissioning its first wind farm in South Africa, located at PPC Cement’s Grassridge Quarry in Port Elizabeth.
- A team of scientists from Lawrence Livermore, Harvard University and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign have developed a new type of carbon capture media made of core-shell microcapsules.
- European Commission launches work on Energy Union: the Energy Union aims to ‘set the scene for a new way of making energy policy in Europe’, says Commission.
- The African Development Bank is supporting the launch of the Africa Energy Leaders Group.
This week’s not to be missed articles…
- Participate in World Cement’s World Review: share your success stories from the past 12 months by contributing your project news to World Cement’s annual World Review.
- PARTEC 2016, the International Congress on Particle Technology, has launched a call for papers.
Written by Louise Fordham
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/africa-middle-east/13022015/cement-news-highlights-9-13-february-2015-329/