On 27 June 2018, Qatar National Cement Co. and Fives FCB signed the provisional acceptance certificate finalising the implementation of the fifth production line at the Umm Bab plant. The new line has a clinker production capacity of 5000 tpd.
The contract for the new line covered the complete equipment supply from raw material preparation to cement dispatch. It included Fives process equipment for the 440 tph raw meal grinding plant, the 2 x 115 tph cement grinding plan,t and the burning line:
- One 6600 kW FCB B-mill for raw materials grinding with its associated FCB TSV™ 7500 Classifier.
- One five-stage single string FCB Preheater and its FCB Zero-NOx precalciner.
- One three-pier 76 m long FCB Kiln.
- Two Fives TGT® process filters.
- Two 4200 kW FCB B mills for cement grinding with their associated FCB TSV® 4000 classifiers.
In addition to QNCC’s previous lines no. 2, 3 and 4, which were also implemented by Fives over the past 20 years, this fifth production line raises the total capacity of the Umm Bab plant to 16 000 tpd of clinker.
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/africa-middle-east/12072018/pac-signed-on-fifth-production-line-at-umm-bab/
You might also like
CEMEX have announced today the launch of Regenera, a business that provides circularity solutions, including reception, management, recycling, and co-processing of waste.