In December 2015 Intercem was awarded a contract by Lafarge-Holcim for the turn-key-supply of a hot gas system for a coal mill in Chekka, Lebanon. By realising this project, energy costs during operation for the cement plant will be consequently reduced and the specific labour need will be optimised.
This project is already the second contract for such kind of applications between Lafarge-Holcim and Intercem. In 2013 a hot gas system was realised in a cement factory in Jordan.
The new hot gas system in the coal mill plant in Chekka connects the preheater with the coal mill and comprises a hot gas duct with a length of 360 m and a diameter of 900 mm. The process data of the hot gas outlet of the heat exchanger are of 18 500 Nm3/h at 400°C.
Besides diverse ducts, a cyclone, a process fan and several control dampers, compensators, the complete instrumentation and automation as well as a new recirculation duct with 2 control dampers at the existing vertical coal mill were supplied.
The turn-key scope of supply and services includes:
- Project management
- As-built-survey of the existing plant using 3-D-Laser scanning
- Review of the statics of the existing steel structure and concrete construction
- Process- and detail engineering
- Supply of the mechanical equipment including steel structure
- Coordination of the locally produced components
- Supply of the electrical equipment including clarification of connections and integration into the existing control systems
- Execution of the complete foundation works
- Transport management
- Electrical and mechanical assembly of the plant
- Commissioning of the hot gas system
- Training of the operating team
The turn-key-handover to the customer is planned for Q4/2016.
Adapted from press release by Joseph Green
Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/africa-middle-east/07092016/new-hot-gas-system-lebanon-213/
You might also like
Christian Pfeiffer has been assigned with the delivery of a complete grinding circuit, consisting of a Ø5.0 x 16.25m ball mill and an QDK T 250-Z high efficiency separator, completed by auxiliary equipment and conveying systems.