Skip to main content

Lafarge Nigeria unit acquires United Cement

Published by
World Cement,


Lafarge Nigeria has completed a 100% acquisition of Nigeria's third-largest cement manufacturer United Cement Company of Nigeria (UNICEM).

Lafarge have not disclosed the purchase price. The company announced that its affiliate Nigerian Cement Holdings (NCH), owned a 70% equity in UNICEM before agreeing a deal last November to purchase the remaining 30% stake from Flour Mills.

UNICEM cement plant, located in Cross Rivers, southeast Nigeria, has a production capacity of 2.5 million t and is currently undergoing an expansion to 5 million t set to be completed next year.


Edited from source by Joseph Green. Source: Reuters Africa

Read the article online at: https://www.worldcement.com/africa-middle-east/06102015/lafarge-nigeria-unit-acquires-united-cement-720/

You might also like

 WCT2020

WCT2020

WCT2020 provides a unique online forum for cement industry professionals to hear first-hand from experts through a series of exclusive presentations from cement producers and industry experts.

Find out more and register for the series »

 

 Spotlight

World Cement Spotlight with Rockwell Automation

World Cement Editor, David Bizley, sat down with Michael Tay, Advanced Analytics Product Manager at Rockwell Automation to discuss his recent article in World Cement.

Entitled ‘Smooth Sailing’, this article explains how machine learning can help save energy, reduce downtime and predict equipment failures, thus enabling the smooth running of cement plant operations.

Watch the interview now »

 
 
 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):