Columbia Steel Casting Co Inc
Founded in 1901, Columbia Steel is a respected manufacturer of steel and alloy iron castings for replacement wear parts for the cement industry worldwide.
From Quarry to Finish Grinding
Columbia Steel’s product line includes wear parts for equipment throughout a cement plant operation, such as:
- Crushers, impactors and apron feeders
- Roller mills and pulverizers
- Preheaters and kilns
- Clinker coolers and clinker breakers
- Grinding mills
- Drag chain conveyors, elevator buckets, and more
High Quality Parts and Rapid Delivery
Every step from engineering and pattern making to casting, machining, heat treatment and inspection all take place at Columbia’s Portland, Oregon, USA facility. Controlling every facet of the manufacturing process helps to minimize lead times and maximize quality.
Full Range of Alloys
Columbia Steel’s range of iron and steel alloys is well suited to the demands of cement manufacturing, including:
- Heat resistant steels
- High chromium alloy irons
- Chromium molybdenum steels
- High strength steels
- Manganese steels
- Xtend Process® bi-metallic castings (steel castings with fully bonded high carbide facing in high wear areas to extend wear life)
Design and Material Improvements
Columbia Steel engineers work closely with cement plant personnel to provide improved designs and superior materials for longer lasting parts. Examples include wear metal thickness and profile optimization, attachment systems for easier changeouts, and Xtend Process® overlays to reduce localized wear.
Columbia Steel Guarantee
Every part is guaranteed for proper fit, performance and customer satisfaction.